Answered

MD4 problem with log

Masia Jean-Baptiste 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 3
Hello
On the display ( MD4) we have a windows with CAN error. (see below, one example of message)

Image 147

When the custumer deleate the message on the display, we don't find the recorder message on the file log. It s a big problem for him to analyse the origin of it.
We have a need to see this message on the log file to help the custumer to identify the problem.
I have the same problem with all messages errors.
We don't understand the reason why !!!

My système is composite of 1 MD4 and 2 MC3
Image 146

my log directory contains 7 Item log with the same settings.
We think that we put the good setting inside.
Enable , visible are " YES" and the Log full behavior is " Continue logging" ( see below )

Image 148

Do you have a solution for record the error message in the log fil ?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions .
Under review
It is possible that the log does not capture events where the logging condition is on for only a very brief period, if the cycle utilization is high. But the CAN critical is a sticky error, so this error will stay on until the power is cycled, and therefore there should be enough time to capture the event and write it to the log.

The MD4 will display error messages from any of the master modules on the bus, so one thought is that it could have been a message from one of the MC3:s. If it was not for the fact that the error is saying Diagnostic bus CAN error, with this error, nothing can be sent on the bus, so it has to be on the MD4 that the CAN controller for this bus got into the bus-off state.

What do mean by having this issue on all message errors? Does not any of the errors get logged?

For some general hints about understanding the error message "CAN bus error", it is worth looking back at this previous question again:
http://forum.iqan.se/topic/727743-mc3-can-no-contact-and-can-error-bus-off/
I see in the printscreen of the application that a clearing channel is used for the MD4 system log.
But I assueme the log is not showing that it has been cleared, you do have other events still in there, right?