+2

Standardized Menu Translation tool

Nilaksha Das 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 3

Hi All,

Could anyone please let me know if there is a tool for the IQAN suite that can translate the contents of the Menus and the standard messages from IQAN (Overloads, open load, no contact, etc)? 

Peace,

Nico

I second this. There's quite some standard text in the application (MD3 in our case), and I can imagine that has been translated to other languages before. Is that available from Parker itself or already in the IQAN environment?

In that case we only need to translate our own custom messages and display items we put in.

+1

Language texts that are to be translated are exported to .xlsx using the Export languages menu: 

After translating the texts, import the modified excel file via the import menu: 

Here is an application with some translations made by Parker guys:

Multi language menu system MD3, English-Deutsch-Svenska-Suomi-Francais.ids4

Adding multiple languages to existing applications:
1. Edit the existing application to add the new language/languages.
2. Edit the language application, add a new language for each old language in the existing application. 
The langauge application has to contain at least the number of langagues from the original application.
Rearrange the order so that the new langage(s) appear in the same order as for the existing application. 
3. Export from langauge application
4. Import to existing application, select the new languages.

Thank you Gustav. Much appreciated