+11
Completed

View PDF on screen (MD4)

Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 10 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 13
Would be nice to be able to view PDF's, such as owner manuals, etc.
Great. Do you foresee a date for 4.00.
What is the memory capacity available for PDF sotorage- Will we be able to save Engine and Machine Manuals.
Will this be a revised Adobe Reader?
+2
The upper limit for the storage is the 2 GB flash on the MD4 (where some space is of course needed for other parts like application, fonts and logs).

Yes, it will be possible to add e.g. the machine manuals to the project file. Here is a picture of the work in progress, with the MD4 instruction book as an example. The navigation will look a bit different in the released version.

+2
On the MD4, typically hundreds of megabytes, so yes you should be able to store your manuals.
The reader is not from Adobe, but it is of course compatible with the Adobe PDF file format. It can show text and images, but not embedded videos or audio.

How about to save your MD4 working report to pdf and then download to your flash drive? Would it be possible also? I am more interesting to save to pdf than view pdf...

The current solution is for viewing PDF's only. No plans on being able to create PDF's.

Our customer is impressed by the PDF capability, but wants some way to see that the PDF is loading.

I want to have my User Manual button to do one of the following things:

1. Have the button stay in a pressed state until the PDF loads up.

2. Use a separate VDIN that commands the PDF to open up.

3. Show a message indicating that it is loading.

Any help would be very appreciated!

I am demonstrating the pdf feature to a customer, however, i am finding that performance leaves much to be desired.  I am guessing that it is probably the pdf that i am using.  Are there any recommendations for pdf creating settings that work best?

The size of the pdf has an impact, if you for example have a service manual it can be better to split it up into different sections, with individual buttons leading to different sections. 

What I have also seen is that the images in the pdf makes a lot of difference, smaller less complex images are shown earlier. 

The available processing time in the IQAN-MD4 also matters, a longer cycle time with low cycle utilization will help, as the real-time functionality always has priority.