+1

MD4 takes time to change pages

Paulo Cupertino de Lima 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

I have an application that uses a custom button to show other pages, but when I press this button the HMI hangs for a few seconds and then shows the requested page, how can I do to lessen that time or better eliminate it?

regards.

+1

We have also noticed this. It causes users to press the VDIN button multiple times, which resulted in a phone call to me to report that there was "something wrong with the code".

One of the pages is somewhat graphics heavy, which I suspected might be causing the delay, so I compressed the image files as much as I could, but I haven't been able to test the results yet.

I took the liberty of changing the title from "MD4 Hangs to change pages" to "MD4 takes time to change pages"

As David wrote, the amount of graphics (display controls) on the page you enter will influence this.

You should start by counting how many display controls you have on this page. Perhaps it is possible to reduce it?

Another aspect is the cycle utilization and cycle time. With a higher cycle utilization, more time is needed for calculating the real-time application, leaving less time to draw the graphics.

If possible, increase the cycle time.