+2

Adjustable GFIN Page Mask Value

Vincent Thiele 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Pawel Pekala 3 years ago 4 1 duplicate

Can we add the functionality to link the Page value field of a Generic Frame In to an Integer parameter so it can be adjusted and not hard coded into the program? This functionality would be similar to the Generic Frame’s PGN field that allows linking to an Integer Parameter.

I’m working with a proprietary CAN message set that has a single node Source Address with a single PGN that uses page masking to indicate which signal instance the message is for. I’d like to make an External Function for this message input, but as of right now I am unable due to having to hard code the page value for each input frame.

Duplicates 1
Under review

Good idea, I have had a few cases where this would have been handy. With a run-time adjustable parameter it would have been impossible to achieve, but if it is set only during initialization (constant channel) it might be doable. 

Answered

Currently there is no function for this, the page mask is a fixed value.

I see no possibility for changing the JFIN/GFIN page masks in runtime. Maybe a future feature could use an initialization parameter, but that could by quite tricky too. There is a feature request along the same lines here, I'll merge your topic with that: https://forum.iqan.se/communities/1/topics/1073-adjustable-gfin-page-mask-value

Gustav. As always thank you so much for your input. 

I was hoping to create one EFG for JFIN with and page mask/value tied to Function Group Input Channel which would be then tied into JFIN fame. It would run only once during initialization process. This way I would just have one JFIN EFG rather than 25 for specific message broadcast.

Cheers,