Answered

ISO image error

Joe 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 3

I recently completed a project that was built from a previous program (started with Version 4 program). Somewhere along the way, an ISO lamp image became invisible. I'm not sure how it happened, but the only way to fix it was to add the same lamp image (same size and color), delete the old one, then use the 'undo' command. When the lamp image came back on the screen, it was correct and visible. I'm not sure how this could have happened, since this area of the screen and all related channels were unchanged from previous program.

I am not sure, but I believe the following could have happened:

When you added the ISO image, you were probably using the quick method of going via the drop-down menu.

This method is quick, but it has the drawback that only one image per ISO symbol is added to the project file, and that there is no place where you can view and replace this image (other than looking at the image control using it).

If you then add the same ISO symbol in another display control using the same method, the original image will be replaced. If this new one happened to have properties making it invisible, e.g. the same color as the background, this would affect also the first image control. One does not see this immediately, the project file has to be closed and open to see the effect on the original ISO symbol.

An alternative approach that avoids this problem is to add the ISO 7000 symbols via an image group. That gives one image for each size and color variant you add to the project file.

I didn't immediately recall using the same image, but then I remembered adding a screen button on a different page and not liking the screen layout, and subsequently deleting it. At that point, the damage was done, but I didn't know it. I wish the "quick" feature wasn't even available.

Thanks for the feedback.