MD4-10 Graph in scroll mode - slow slider

Florent Mirieu de Labarre 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

Dear

With this application : https://www.dropbox.com/s/97dws0qe5xak85v/IG29%20V23.01.ida4?dl=0

When you use the graph in scroll mode, the slider and the switcher (on top of screen) move super slowly. But whith the grpah in sweep mode the slider ans switcher works correctly.

Regards

I downloaded the application and tried it, and I can see what you mean. With the Line graph configured as scroll mode, the slider is not keeping up with the movement of the finger, it updates in steps.

With the line graph configured in scroll mode, the entire area of the line graph is redrawn continuously.

With the line graph configured in sweep mode, there are only the pixels at the sweep that needs to be redrawn, so this is much more efficient.

i saw the MD4 application was configured to run at 10 ms, so I tried setting it to 50 ms. In this small example it had no noticeable effect on the performance of the graphics, but in a full machine control application, the combination of cycle time and cycle utilzation for the application will impact the update rate on the graphics.