+1

Invalid Reference Error?

Nilaksha Das 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 4

Hello,

I recently came across an "Invalid Reference" error in a FSM channel. I reviewed the contents of the states and the transitions between them and I didn't find anything that stands out as abnormal. This is the first time I have come accross an Invalid Reference error and I cannot identify the source. Could you please advise?

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Nico

Try opening the project check dialog. What component type and property does it show for the error? 

You should be able to double click on the error in the list and it should take you to the place in your project where the error is.

Hi Anders,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it out but unfortunately double-clicking on the error from the project check dialog box doesn't take me anywhere. I can see the error on the FSM channel but when I open it up, there are no errors inside.

Best Regards,

Nico

What about the component type and property name in the check dialog? What is shown there? 

Hi Anders,

Problem solved. We selected each transition arrow in the FSM and started deleting them one at a time till we found which one was causing the error. Then we replaced it with another transition arrow with the exact same requirements and it works.

Best Regards,

Nico