Answered

MC43 PWM out

Richard Kowalczyk 5 years ago in Master modules / MC4x updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 5

I am working on the control system using MC43. Please let me know urgently whether I can use MC43 ‘PWM out HS+LS’ or ‘PWM out HS’ to control Danfoss PVES or PWEM proportional solenoids 

From MC43 instruction book:

Image 1668

From Danfoss solenoid specifications

Image 1669

Kind regards,
Richard Kowalczyk MIEAust CPEng RPEQ
RKad Engineering
32 Kingussie Ave
Castle Hill NSW 2154
Australia
☎: +61 2 98940750

📲 :+61 431 639 295

E: richard.kowalczyk@rkad.com.au
W: www.rkad.com.au 

Answer

+1
Answer

Generally driving Danfoss PVG valves with IQAN Control system, we advice using the PVHC control option from Danfoss. You can drive the PVHC direct from the IQAN COUT current control output, Simple and works well.

Ratiometric input signal requred by PVEM series cannot be controlled by IQAN available Outputs, same for PVEP PWM signal controlled modules as they have high input impedance (5 kOhm), requiring extra Pull-down resistors to connect to IQAN PWM output

Another, more expensive, option is using Danfoss CAN control module PVED series, then need to include CAN protocol in your IQAN application 

Hello Richard

Did you got the Danfoss-PVEM to work on the PWM out HS +LS? Any trick that I can learn? Is 500Hz PWM-frequency the best to get it to work?

Regards

Andy Pauly 

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately did not have chance to try PVEMs as the customer agreed to change to PVED solenoids. As far as the PWM best frequency issue I would ask the solenoid supplier.

Regards

Richard

+1
Answer

Generally driving Danfoss PVG valves with IQAN Control system, we advice using the PVHC control option from Danfoss. You can drive the PVHC direct from the IQAN COUT current control output, Simple and works well.

Ratiometric input signal requred by PVEM series cannot be controlled by IQAN available Outputs, same for PVEP PWM signal controlled modules as they have high input impedance (5 kOhm), requiring extra Pull-down resistors to connect to IQAN PWM output

Another, more expensive, option is using Danfoss CAN control module PVED series, then need to include CAN protocol in your IQAN application