Under review

3rd party J1939 module integration

Forrest 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 4 years ago 4

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the process of getting the IQAN system to work with some 3rd party J1939 modules.Are there any guides out there? a collection of predefined files maybe?

is there a way to see the data bytes output in a binary grid, like the offset bits mapping?

Answered

There are some examples in the Solution Library. Look in My Documents/IQAN Files/Solution Library.

Yes, you can see the bit mapping, see IQANdesign 4.03 user manual, page 193.

I was aware of the solution library, but thought it a bit thin. I was hoping there might be a more extensive library accessible somewhere on-line. I was hoping for more specific 3rd party samples. On the more generic side; a J1939 joystick would be nice (even if Parker doesn't currently make one). They pretty much all use the same parameters in my experience. I would assume they are set by an SAE standard.

The other thing I was talking about was it would be nice to be ability to see the binary data outputs displayed in a grid like the bit mapping in IQAN simulate.

either way; I think I have the software solution figured out. I am just waiting on a test harness now.

Under review

Sorry, I don't understand what bit mapping you are referring to. Can you explain or send a screenshot?