Answered

Limited Upload Password - IQAN Sync

ksilovich 5 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 1

Is there a way to set up a one time use password for a remote uploaded program.  
I would like to send out a program that the end user can only upload one time, and then it cant be duplicated in any way to other modules they may have.   That way I can protect my IP.

I was trying to set a check with the serial number to all the program to function, but being text you cant do that yet. 

Answered
There is no method for restricting a limited access password to one-time-use, but it is possible to use the create safe password functionality for time-restriction also with IQANsync.

The IQANsync users use the function request password under the manage password menu. This creates an email with the IQANsync users public key, that can be sent to the person who is managing the passwords.

The person managing passwords opens the protected project file in IQANdesign, and pastes the public key from the mail in the Create safe password dialog. 

Under restrictions, it is possible to set a date when this expires. 

When creating the safe password, choose Send as mail (requires IQANdesign 5.01 or higher). This will create a mail with an attachment that has the safe limited access password. 

When the IQANsync user taps on this attachement, there is an option to copy it to IQANsync.