Answered

Ground triggered digital input

Keith Boone 7 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4

Is there a way to configure an XA2 expansion module's digital input to accept a ground triggered signal without adding external resistors? I have an application that requires a grounded input instead of a positive voltage.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Keith Boone 7 years ago

I can not use external resistors in this application. But, to better explain what I need to do, it may help to explain how it could be done using external resistors as a voltage divider. With an external resistor between a voltage supply and the input and a second conductor going to the field switch. During normal state, the input sees voltage. Then when the field switch activates, it closes the circuit to ground and pulls the voltage to zero.

Thanks

The IQAN-XA2 only has digital inputs with internal pull-down resistors. The easiest solution if you have a sensor connecting to ground is to use an IQAN-MC41, -MC42 or -MC43

The question was posted as a private topic, so it is currently not visible to any other user, do you mind if I move it to the public questions section on the forum and continue the dialogue there?

Thank you for the response.   This is helpful.

It would be ok to move this to public if you think it would help others.