Axis camera setup with IQANdesign 3
This article describes how to use Axis cameras in a system using IQANdesign 3 and IQAN-MD4.
Adding the camera in IQANdesign 3
- Add a video control to a page.
- Set the Video stream URL property to http://192.168.128.x/mjpg/video.mjpg?resolution=640x480 where the x in the IP address can be 1-255. The resolution must be set to a resolution supported by the camera.
- If your camera require username and password to view the video stream, use the following format: http://username:firstname.lastname@example.org/mjpg/video.mjpg?resolution=640x480
- Set the width and height of the control to the same size as specified as resolution.
Setting camera IP address using web browser
- Connect the camera to the same network as the computer.
- The camera will acquire an address from the DHCP server in the network (if available).
- Open windows explorer and select Network.
- The camera should show up under other devices with its model name and serial number.
- Double click on the camera’s icon to launch the web interface.
- The camera will ask for a root password that will be used to access the administration interface. Enter the desired password.
- A login dialog will be shown. Enter the selected password.
- Click on the link Setup in the top of the page.
- If you want to remove password from the video stream:
a. Select System Options > Security > Users.
b. Check “Enable anonymous viewer login".
c. Click Save.
- Click on Basic Setup > TCP/IP.
- Select Use the following IP address.
- Enter an IP address 192.168.128.x where x is 1-255 (same as used in IQANdesign). If you are using multiple cameras in the same system make sure to assign different addresses.
- Enter subnet mask 255.255.128.0.
- Enter default router 192.168.128.1.
- Click Save
- Note! Now the camera will not be accessible from the computer anymore since it is not on the same network. If you need to access the camera again you need to set your computer’s IP address to 192.168.128.x where x is 1-255 (but not the same as the camera).
Setting camera IP using Axis IP utility
- Set your computer’s IP address to 192.168.128.x where x is 1-255.
- Connect the camera to the same network as the computer (or directly to the computer’s ethernet port).
- Start the Axis IP utility (delivered with camera).
- The utility will list all cameras found on the network. If the camera is not shown, try to disable windows firewall since it may block the program.
- Select the camera that you want to configure and click on the button to assign new IP address.
- Follow the instructions to change address to 192.168.128.x where x is 1-255 (must not be the same as the computer).
- Enter the cameras new address in a web browser.
- Configure the password according to step 6-9 in the web browser setup above.
Testing the streamIn order to test the stream on the computer it must be on the same subnet as the camera.
- Set your computer’s IP address to 192.168.128.x where x is 1-255 (not the same as the camera).
- Enter the video stream URL from IQANdesign in a web browser.
- If the browser can’t play the stream, try the VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org)
a. Select Media > Open Network Stream and enter the URL from IQANdesign.
Setting the computer’s IP address (windows 7)When the camera has a fixed IP address it is not accessible from the computer unless the computer also has an address on the same subnet (i.e. in the range 192.168.128.x). Because of this it may be necessary to change the address on the computer to reach a camera for testing or configuration purpose.
- Open the control panel
- Select Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center > Change adapter settings.
- Right click on the network adapter and select properties.
- Select “Internet Protocol Version 4” and click properties.
- Click “Use the following IP address” and type the address you want to use.
- Click OK on both dialogs.
- When you are done you probably want to change back to the previous setting (normally “Obtain an IP address automatically”).
Customer support service by UserEcho