IQANdesign and IQANrun only detects modules that are located on the same subnet. With a bridged Ethernet this should work unless there is a router in between or something is blocking UDP broadcast (firewall software etc). If you see the module among the detected modules you could try the procedure below.
Normally we use UDP protocol for communicating with the modules on the same network for best performance. But there is a way to make IQANdesign use TCP instead which could be worth a try since it is more reliable:
- If the module is detected in IQANdesign, note the IP address of the module shown in the Ethernet connection dialog.
- Disconnect/switch off the module.
- Add the IP address under the static modules tab in IQANdesign.
- Connect/switch on the module again.
- Hopefully it should get the same IP address and show as online under the static modules tab.
- When selecting the module from the static modules tab, IQANdesign will use TCP protocol.
If this works it indicates that the Ethernet bridge reorders or drops UDP packets which would cause problems if it happens too often.
Nick, for the crash please submit a crash report and we can have a look what it is that causes the crash. Does it crash when you are using the latest IQANdesign 5 version or is it just 4.07?
You are right, there is a limitation of 2 GB of the size of the created setup file. The way to resolve this is to limit the size of the archive.
I was able to reproduce the issue. When updating the external function the change from QIncrease to QReset was not properly propagated to the instantiated function. The bug appears when the only Qcode change is a change from one command (QIncrease, QDecrease, QReset, QShow, QHide, QAdd, QSubtract, QReplace) to another. Changing other part of the expression such as math expressions or conditions propagates fine.
As a workaround you can clear the timer function in the external function, then update it in the main project. Finally add the code to the timer function again and update the main project. Now it should propagate the changes properly.
Make sure that you start the simulation from IQANdesign using Simulate > Run after you have made your change. Otherwise the application executed by IQANsimulate will not be updated with your change. When I did this it worked as expected. But when I did the change without actually updating the application in IQANsimulate I got the behavior that you describe. The measurement in IQANdesign then highlights the QReset when IQANsimulate actually is running QIncrease since they are running different versions of the application.
No, after adding the channels there is no connection to the dbc.
The IQANconnect key information in the SIC is only available when an Ethernet master connects to IQANconnect without the use of a G11 and IQANsync.
An Ethernet master can be connected directly to the IQANconnect server using the connectivity settings under security in IQANdesign. To use this it requires an internet connection through the Ethernet port instead of using IQANsync as gateway.
If you are using CAN make sure that you are using the latest driver for your CAN adapter. Normally it is drivers that causes windows bluescreens, not the application softwares.
There is an issue with the export that exludes the DM1 out container. When opening the exported file you will notice that the DM1 out node of the project explorer is empty. There should be one sub node for each master module. This is why the simulator crashes and you get a warning in IQANdesign.
We will solve this in the upcoming 5.03 version of IQANdesign which is planned within the next week.
Add an MDGN channel to your application and drag the channel to the J1939 module. Then select module status on the value property of the MDGN channel. You can also select the current lamp status of the module according to DM1 messages received.
Customer support service by UserEcho