Your comments

Hi Ulf,
You posted this as a helpdesk ticket, do you mind if I move it to the public part of the forum instead, as a sofware idea?
(and yes, we are working on something quite similar to what you are requesting)
There is no specific simulator function for disabling modules. On expansion modules, the Enabled property is used to disables the modules. Expansion modules can also be set to No contact in the the simulator.
These options do not exist for the master modules, so there is no built-in method in IQANsimulate to say that an optional master is deactivated.




Is the purpose to disable some APPOUT:s that are being sent to the MD4? Then one thing you could do is to use a parameter to disable the function group where you have those APPOUT:s on the MD3, just for testing it in the simulator.
For those who have not been directly involved in the troubleshooting around this problem, here is an update of the findings we made:
When testing in Sweden and Germany, we were able to reproduce issues where the connection to the remote system via G2 modem gets disconnected. This was not limited to MD4, we could reproduce this on other master modules like MD3 also.
The tests we did when we saw the issues were with Swedish SIM cards from Telenor.
With the G2 modems configured for the Telenor APN telematics.apn.telenor.se there were intermittent issues.
With the G2 modems configured for the Telenor APN internet.telenor.se we could not reproduce any issues.

We were not able to reproduce any problems when using Swedish SIM cards from Telia, or German cards from T-mobile.


Hi,

One trick that I like to use for sequence controls is to build it with a combination of a State Parameter and an event counter channel. By making the ECNT the input to the SP, and then using the SP as the Function Selector on the ECNT, you can define transition condition for each states, where it can count up, down and reset depending on where you are in the sequence.


Attached is a small example:
Sequence state example.ids3
Hi Frank,

It sounds as if it might be a new bug related to export to excel introduced in 3.17.
But I am not able to reproduce the issue you are seeing when saving IQANrun measurements as .xlsx.
To be able to see the issue, could you save your measurement as .irm3 and send us that file? If we can reproduce the issue, we should be able to fix it.



Ok, something like this?


The trick I have used for this is to build it up with two bargraphs, one for the positive direction, and one for the negagative direction. Here, the range of each bargraph is positive or negative, and the colors are inverted.



Here is an example file for this:
MD4 joystick XY bargraph.ids3


About the MD4 demo pages in the previous post, they install with IQANdesign. I just posted a news topic on them, here:
http://forum.iqan.se/topic/759905-new-iqan-md4-demo-pages/
Hi Zach,

What do you mean by bilinear bars? Is it the image bar-graph from MDL2/MD3 you mean?



With the MD4 supporting PNG transparancy, the best way to implement this on an MD4 is to use a bar graph in combination with a PNG image of the frame, that is transparent where the bar graph is showing.


A really nice example of how this is in the example files, where an entire background page with transparent cutouts is placed in front of the bargraphs.


With background hidden:




I must admit that I have never used the feature to be able to change the background color in IQANrun.
But there seems to be a problem with it, just as you describe.

I can get it to work if I have the measurement running while changing the background color, and just press Apply. But as soon as OK is pressed, the line and grid colors change.