Answered

What kind og iqan?

Ruben Bortelid 8 years ago updated by Roger Sandberg 3 years ago 22

hello and thanks for this great forum.

A have an 2001 IllerIller tdi tracked vehicle, made in Sweden. The driving system is controlled by a iqan system. I attached a picture of the screen. Is there anybody how can tell my what version of iqan it is, and what software a need for adjust parameters? I find a rs232 cable behind the seat, and I guess it is for programming iqan.

Image 290

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Super duper!

Satisfaction mark by Ruben Bortelid 8 years ago
Answered

The picture is of an IQAN-DG, this is the display on the first generation of IQAN systems. The IQAN-DG display is a slave display, the machine control application for this is loaded in the IQAN-MG module (the large module with two 42-pin connectors, one at each side). Probably that is where the RS232 cable is connected.

The service tool for this system is called IQANtalk.

The tricky thing about this system is that all applications were custom made, and the IQANtalk service tool is locked to specific OEM:s with a "Manufacturer ID". Therefore, to get the correct key for IQANtalk, it will have to be aquired through the OEM who manufactured the machine.

It could also be tricky to get IQANtalk to work on a modern PC. It has been a while since I used it myself, but I know some guys keep their old Windows XP computers to use for these systems.

Thanks a lot. The worst thing is that the company is gone many years ago. Someone told me it should be possible to adjust it on the screen on a hidden menu. I must have a look.

Searching answer

Oh, if they are out of business it will be more tricky, but I might still be able to dig up some more info. What was the name of the company who manufactured and sold the machine?

norsjö mekaniska and a guy called Hansson. Leif Nord on å company called bandvagnservice are selling parts for older types, but don't know anything about programming. That's what he tells. Another guy here in Norway tells me that a svil engineering company in Sweden do the iqan work, but we can't find the name.

I spoke to the guy who did a lot of the programming on the IQAN-MG systems, and he guessed this is a machine named from a company that was named "Pist & Terrängteknik"

I found an old specification from 1996 describing an application "Bandmaskin Iller D 1,9 TDI Pist & Terrängteknik".

According to this, there is a PIN code protected menu for tuning sensors and currents. The PIN code should be possible to set using IQANtalk.

Answered

I looked a bit more at it, and I am not so sure about that PIN code menu anymore, if you do not see any such menus, it will probably be necessary to use the old service tool IQANtalk to tune this. The best thing is probably to get help from someone who is already servicing old IQAN machines using IQANtalk, and then we can make sure they get the correct key for the machine.

Thanks a lot. I have not found the menu yet,but i heard about another guy how found it. He could not se any parameters for adjusting the in-value from potmeter. I will try to find the hidden menu one again.

Går det att få tag på reservdelar till denna displaymodul?

Hej,

Vi säljer inte reservdelar löst till IQAN-DG P/N:5010002. Det finns möjlighet att skicka in den för service för byte

av display etc. I samband med service görs det även en genomgång av produkt vid servicetillfälle.

Det lokala säljkontoret i Borås tillhandahåller denna service.
Tel. 08-5979 5000

Fråga efter Patrick Larsson.

mvh

/Roger

Hello everybody. Thank to have created a forum like this. 

I have an IQAN-DG mounted on SC4535TA engine, scania DI1252A.

After ignition, it's starting and displaying " TEST IQAN-DG Ver 1.32, PUSH BUTTON F1"; nothing else apart this message.

no matter the way will press keys buttons, it will stay like that. Let me notice that all keys were not well responding before.

Can someone please help me to know if we can fix it or we can find another used one ?

+1

Hi,

The IQAN-DG are entering a test page because some of the keys are activated during power on. If this issue are resolved the IQAN-DG could read the information from the IQAN-MG that are in your application. 

We still have possibility to service IQAN-DG (Factory re-worked (FR) units or Service (S)the retunred display).
Differences between FR and S are leadtime and cost. Please check first with your OEM. If this is not possible you could contact your local Parker Sales office for assistance. 

BR

Roger Sandberg

Hello. Finally the issue has been resolved. There were about 3 Keys permanently activated. Now it's OK. Tkank a lot one more

Nice to hear the issue was resolved.

Thank a lot for your assistance. Let me check first how to free all Keys. If not good, i'll will come back to you for further details 

Hello everybody.

i have a Silvatec 886 from year 2002 that uses IQAN system. one of the joysticks: parker ICM437-CE-//-3 is not working but i have a brand new ICM435-0192 is there any way i can use that instead?

Best Regards.

Marcus

+1

Hi Marcus,

Even if the joystick looks similar the electric outputs from the joysticks are different.
Sorry, the short answer are no. A ICM437 and ICM435 have different output. Changing from ICM437 to a ICM435 will not work

in your machine. Details below.

ICM437-CE-//-3 P/N: 20015002. Specification: Are a joystick with 3 proportional functions, analogue output (0,5-4,5V), 3 degrees neutral deadband, C-handle orientated east.

ICM435-0192 P/N:X. This was a joystick developed for another OEM. There are some mechanical differences on this joystick ICM435-0192 compared to a standard ICM435. Specification: 3 proportional functions, analogue output to IPS302 controller, C-handle orientated east, 24V system (+ some mechanical differences. -0192)
All ICM435, ICM425 where the "5" indicate that it will only work with a IPS302 controller.

Best regards,

Roger Sandberg

Thanks Roger Sandberg for the quick response. 

i have been looking on the internet and i have seen that there is a joystick thats called IQAN-LC6-X05-H1-R1K1 that i can buy new. can i replace the old one or both with that/those?

Best Regards 

Marcus

H

i Marcus,

The IQAN-LC6 are an joystick with analogue output and have similar output as the ICM437 as you have originally in your Silvatec. The LC6 can not replace an ICM437 without making changes in the machines electric system and/or logics.

Why? Details below.

First we need to look at the differences between the products and compare just the electric outputs.
Short differences between the LC6 and the ICM437.
ICM437
- have 3 analogue outputs,
- Joystick are powered by the the system voltage that are in the machine. (+12V or +24V) Most common are 24V system.
- Joystick also have one +Neutral Position output and - Neutral Position. That gives an digital output when joystick are outside the "deadband". If this function are used as a logic for your machine are something that the OEM knows.

LC6

- have 4 analogue outputs.

- Joystick must be feed by +5 voltage reference. (Joystick can not use system voltage +12V or +24V)

Conclusion/Consideration:
Electric output from the axis are similar.
ICM437 have a NP + /- signal that could be used in application as a logic element.
Products use different supply voltage.

Or you could search the internet for other part numbers that would work in your application.
C-handle are a handle that are black 20015002, 20016563, 20015003
D-handle are the grey handle. 20015005, 20015006, 20015007, 20015008

Regards,

Roger Sandberg

Hi Marcus,

The IQAN-LC6 are an joystick with analogue output and have similar output as the ICM437 as you have originally in your Silvatec. The LC6 can not replace an ICM437 without making changes in the machines electric system and/or logics.

Why? Details below.

First we need to look at the differences between the products and compare just the electric outputs.
Short differences between the LC6 and the ICM437.
ICM437
- have 3 analogue outputs,
- Joystick are powered by the the system voltage that are in the machine. (+12V or +24V) Most common are 24V system.
- Joystick also have one +Neutral Position output and - Neutral Position. That gives an digital output when joystick are outside the "deadband". If this function are used as a logic for your machine are something that the OEM knows.

LC6

- have 4 analogue outputs.

- Joystick must be feed by +5 voltage reference. (Joystick can not use system voltage +12V or +24V)

Conclusion/Consideration:
Electric output from the axis are similar.
ICM437 have a NP + /- signal that could be used in application as a logic element.
Products use different supply voltage.

Or you could search the internet for other part numbers that would work in your application.
C-handle are a handle that are black 20015002, 20016563, 20015003
D-handle are the grey handle. 20015005, 20015006, 20015007, 20015008

The ICM435, 437 can still be repaired. Check with OEM of the machine first.

Regards,

Roger Sandberg

Hi again Roger.

im not sure what OEM means but Silvatec dosent exsist anymore and i dont have any manuals from the machine. do you know if and where i can get the joystick rebuildt?

Regards

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

If the OEM do not exist anymore I would suggest that you will turn to a distributor on your local market.

I would assume that it would be in Denmark.

Reg,

/Roger Sandberg