Completed

Trial License - what does it permit and prevent - document this

David Holcomb 9 years ago updated by Forrest 3 years ago 3
we have customers regularly questioning exactly what they can and cannot do with the trial license.

During installation, it mentions connection only with simulator, etc. This is very clear and defined , but only available during installation. If this could be added to the manual or a separate document this would let us have a standard answer for customers.

Answer

+1
Answer
Completed
In 3.17, (to be released next week), the 30 day limit is removed. You can use the tools without a license as long as you like. The functional limitations are still there though, the tools are limited to simulation only.
Planned
Good point. As you said, in evaluation mode there is a limitation that the tools are limited to simulaton only.

Another limitation is the evaluation period, that also the possibility to simulate expires after 30 days of active use (not calendar days), but this is one limitation we are about to remove.
+1
Answer
Completed
In 3.17, (to be released next week), the 30 day limit is removed. You can use the tools without a license as long as you like. The functional limitations are still there though, the tools are limited to simulation only.

one related problem I ran into recently is that installing a trial version wiped my CS license. My only solution was to reinstall 4.07.