Parker UTS

Christopher Fridstaden 1 year ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 year ago 1

Hi!

I have a question regarding the Universal Tilt Sensor:

We are to use a Parker UTS as shown in the picture below:

Image 3588

When reading the "Installation Sheet" regarding the mounting orientation it says:

Image 3589

Since we have a +/- 90 degree sensor I assume, from the picture, that it can be mounted "upside down".

However, when looking in the "User Manual" it says:

Image 3590

Since we have a 2-axis sensor this tells me that we can NOT mount it "upside down". From my perspective the two pictures contradict eachother when reading them separately. If I am supposed to combine the information from the two pictures my conclusion is that only +/- 90 AND 3-axis sensors can be mounted "upside down" but this seems a little too far-fetched. The information must be clearer than that.

Question: Considering the sensor we have, as shown in the first picture, can it be mounted "upside down"?

Also, while we are at it:

When reading the "User manual" under "3.1 Characteristics" I can not find our particular sensor that has Part.no: 169453ECD. Are there any differences between our V2.5 and V2 regarding the CAN messages or is the specification provided in the "User manual" also applicable to V2.5?

I hope you can shine some light on this matter. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Christopher Fridstaden

I don't know the answer to the question, but I know the team working on the UTS mainly use the general Parker support forum: https://community.parker.com/