+1
Completed

Channel names QCode and external functions

Noah Breece 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

Hi,

to start I wish to say that the development with external functions and solution library is a really nice addition to IQAN.

Now to my request. Lets say you have an external function called Function.

Image 997

The Function has input x an output y.

Whe you create 2 new instances of the external function you can rename each function. That is good. The names of the input and outputs cannot be renamed. That is the way it should be.

Image 996
However, here comes the problem. In the example I have Variable as a math channel. I cannot  read any of the outputs from either Function A or B simply because now there are two channels in the system with same name y.
If I delete Function B, it is possible to assign the Variable math to y.
Image 998   And this is actually a problem in the display pages as well. If you use the same channel name then it is impossible to know which channel you are choosing properties and values for objects in display pages.
My suggestion is to use same syntax as any of the object oriented languages.  Example in QCode:  result := Function A.y
And similar when selecting in the display pages menus.

Planned

Hi Noah,

Thanks for good feedback. This is in the plans, we hope to have it released in 5.02.

Completed

Starting from IQANdesign 5.02, function group name has to be used when referring to a function group output from Qcode. This makes it possible to have multiple function group outputs with equal names in the same scope.