Fixed

'New Simulation' vs 'Last Used Simulation'

Lars Bolduc 6 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

Hello,

Is there supposed to be any consistency between the two options 'New Simulation' vs 'Last Used Simulation'? These are from the prompt given when starting a simulation of a project from IQANdesign.

I would like 'New Simulation' to start fresh and forget any information entered during previous simulation sessions, and I would think that 'Last Used Simulation' would do the opposite of that.

No matter which option I choose it seems completely random what will happen. Usually it remembers the previous session data, which is frustrating. I never directly save simulations, but I believe the autosave feature is what is doing this.

I have been able to observe this behaviour with both IQANsimulate 4.07 and IQANsimulate 5.

Is this feature broken or is it intended to do this?

Thank you.

It will start fresh if you delete the folder named for your project ID in the IQANsimulate folder. I keep a link to this folder on my desktop.

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\IQANsimulate 4

+1
Under review

I agree, something seems broken. New simulation should reset all input values and possibly also settings/logs.

+1
Fixed

This is improved in IQANdesign/IQANsimulate 5.03 which was released today. All settings and input values are now reset when selecting New simulation.