+1
Answered

MDL TO MD4 CONVERSION

mgoutier 8 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

I new here, and new to the software platform, so hello to everyone. Although I am new to the IQAN platform I am very familiar with PLC programming and basic logic.

I am tasked with converting a bunch of MDL programs to MD4's (as we aren't going to be able to get any MDL's soon) and as I dive into this it seems like there should be a much easier way to do it.

Can someone do a quick write up of the most efficient way to complete this task?

(IQANdesign 4.01.11.4175)

+2

I worked with a few such applications scenarios. My approach would probably run the task in 3.19 and then upgrade to 4.xx. 3.19 is the last version of IQAN design supporting MDL2.

-System and bus architecture will have to be arranged for MD4.

-MDL2 IO and MD4 IO will have to be compatibility checked.

-Port the core functionality across to MD4

-All GUI items: Display pages/Adjust menu's/Measure menu's/Languages

-Logs

Thanks for the insight. Its pretty much what I have been doing but I think the part that im missing is the "Port the core functionality across to MD4" can you elaborate on that?

+2

Drag the functionality from the MDL2 onto the new MD4 master then use the application checker to fix all the error flags. Hope this helps.

thanks, that's pretty much what I have been doing. I was hoping there was a cool porting function that i was not using.. or tool out there. Of course not.. No big deal.