+2

Effective strategy to scan errors into an array rather than declaring each error type in QCode as a function.

J Kelly 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 5 years ago 1

Say for example there are 100 fault types all with their own range conditions and I only wish to store errors which become active. I am aware that all limits can be declared individually as a function which may become lengthy. 

However, what would be the most versatile Qcode strategy to list error codes in the sequence that they occurred in? 

Is there a method for this to be performed using a csv look up table to declare limits? 

Hello Kelly.

I would say the best option here is to use the logs.

Create event logs for each error that store the error type. it might be a lot of work, but you would still need to have that logic somewhere in the application.

The downside with the logs are that you can not use the values from them inside the application if you need to do that.

If you store all errors in an single array or log you risk missing errors. The problem will be how you handle if you have multiple errors at the same time, would you have a priority list? I would guess that you would want to register all of the errors you get.