+4
Completed

Any plans for implementing J1939-76?

Huddig Daniel 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 8

Since J1939 (76) now support Functional safety up to SIL3 or Ple(!) is there any plans for implementing it any time soon..?!

+1
Under review

Yes, we are looking at implementing this, the way the  SAE J1939-76 functional safety communications protocol is designed looks very promising. 

It won't come in the 6.00 release though, but hopefully in an IQANdesign release not too long after this.

+1

Sounds great, yes, agreed, looks very promising!

Planned

I'm always cautious about saying a new feature is planned before it implemented for the very next release. 

But on this one I can say that it is coming. Maybe not in the next version (6.05), but in one of the releases to follow.

Hi Gustav, do you think this will be implemented this year? If so which quarter?

Yes, I expect that we will be able to release this year, hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Out of curiosity, do you have a specific device you need to interface with that you could share information on? 

+1

EDIT: To avoid confusion, I deleted some comments related to a completely different post

(thanks for pointing this out mgoutier) 

Completed

Implemented in IQANdesign 6.05, with two new channel types JFSIN and JFSOUT. 

With these channels, you configure the contents of the SDG in the same way as for a regular PG, and set the SDG timing basis. The SHM is handled by the channel, so with this solution there is no need to add that message manually. 

Also see forum news topic: 

https://forum.iqan.se/en/communities/1/topics/2704-iqandesign-605-released