Answered

Speed sensor using IQAN

Hassan 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 3

Hello,

I would like to read Gear speed sensor P/N:01712ECD using IQAN I was wondering if in the iQAN design I only need to input that without any calibrations like then one we do for the analog output one if anyone has an idea let me know? 

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Thanks a lot 

Satisfaction mark by Hassan 5 years ago

The part you asked about is the GS60 sensor: http://ph.parker.com/us/en/gear-speed-sensor/01712ecd

The datasheet says it's an open collector output, so you'd connect it to the MC4x FIN with pull-up. 

"Frequency in PU" in the block diagram.

The calibration on the FIN only depend on what you measure on, you just calculate this based on number of teeth and the unit you want to present the scaled value in, e.g. RPM. 

Thanks for your answer, but I got only XA2 AND MD4, can I read this sensor using XA2 as a frequency input or it should be a Frequency in PU? 

Answered

You could use it with the XA2 if you add an external pull up resistor to e.g. VREF. 

I saw the installation sheet for on of the other speed sensors (the GS50) shows an example of how it can be done.