+2

UNITS SELECTED WITH SMC OR SP

jesse kilde 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 1
I would like to select a state machine or state parameter for units so when an operator selects metric or english this can be driven in to the units categories. this why when it is displayed on the screen i can just select show value and units with out several more channels and two perameters feeding into different value boxs.
For the discussion, and for those who do not already have a working solution for swapping between metric and imperial, attached is an example of how I have solved the switching of units.
Example application metric-imperial.ids3

As you say, this requires the use of overlapping value controls on the display page to swap between the units:

In the attached example, I have used separate channels for metric and imperial. One special case is the length, where there are two math channels for converting from [cm] to [ft] and [in], and this is then fed into a TFC that is used on the display page.

One idea we have thought of in the past is to have something like a "multiplexer channel", that would be able to switch between different channels, one for each state. This could be a nice way of getting rid of the overlapping value controls.