Multiple actions for touch screen buttons

Pawel Pekala 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Edward Polzin 4 years ago 5

It would be a nice feature to have where we could add more touch screen button actions. 

Image 1940

Do you have an example of multiple actions that you would like to perform?  I have created solutions using application logic to perform those actions, but perhaps you have something I cannot be done that way.

Good morning Edward,

Thank you for your comment.

Quick example.

I created simple base page with two buttons

Back – with action to close active page (available in drop down list)

Home – with action to take me to specific page.

I also have number of other pages in the program which refer to main base page. Depending which touch button is pressed I have layers and groups with visible flags. I already have logic created to handle page navigation and visible flags resets but this requires extra logic. If I could specify multiple actions for one touch button (close active page + reset visible flag) that would be more efficient?

I am still finding new ways of dealing with display pages. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.

Anyhow, thank you for your time and comment.

Cheers,

Paul

+2

Typically I use a finite state machine channel to handle display pages.  This allows me to perform specific page transitions.  I then map the states to internal digital channels (IDC) and which are used in the show property.  The IDC can be used by multiple functions.

I did not think of using FSM to handle display control. Very interesting suggestion. Thank you very much. This is very helpful. 

+1

No problem.  It has worked out well for me.  I wish now there was a way to directly control display page with FSM, instead of having to define all the IDC and show properties.  But perhaps that is a future request.