Answered

Show log from MC42 on MD4 display

Rajko 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 7

Is it possible to show a log from a Module MC42 on a display module MD4? 

+1

Yes.  If you have defined your system as a multimaster system (MD4 and MC42 in the same project file), when you view the logs in the MD4 menu system, all master module logs are accessible from the menu.

+1

Thank you! But what I was trying to do is as follows: I've added a button to a screen on the MD4 and wanted to use this button to view the log from the MC42, but I can't select the log from the MC42, only from the MD4.

+1

I see now what you are trying to do.  I checked in IQAN 6.02 and it does look like mapping the action of a button to a specific log only makes the display logs available.  I am not sure why this is, but perhaps you could link the button to the general System Info and then the user can choose logs from there?

To access the log on another master module, you need to navigate through the menu system. 

The way the MD4 software that handle the display pages is currently structured, it is not possible to access another module directly from a button.

This would be a nice feature to have, making a button that opens a log on another module.

If it is not impossible in the future maybe you could make this into a feature request?

+1

We're reworking this, will be possible from version 6.06.