+1
Answered

Change Source Address of Sensor

Roy den Drijver 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 5

Good Afternoon,

For a project of mine, I am using a MHC0150MN06F3J013FD sensor from tempotronics with the source address of 253. I can reach this sensor using the JFIN channel on this source address with PGN65535. What I would like to do is add another of these sensors which have a standard source address set to 253 and change that source address to, for example, 252. I have looked into the datasheet of the sensor and it seems this should be done by changing Byte 9 on PGN 65240 using a JFOUT channel. My problem however is that I cannot reach Byte 9 because of the maximum length of 8 Bytes per data package of the J1939 protocol. In the IQANDesign datasheet, I can see the multi-packet option available (to send a second package for the source address) for the JFOUT function but in my IQANDesign 5 it does not show up in the property manager. Am I looking in the wrong direction here? Is there a standard function for changing the source address of a connected device? 

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,

Roy den Drijver

Answer

+1
Answer

J1939 multipacket support was implemneted in IQAN 6.

+1
Answer

J1939 multipacket support was implemneted in IQAN 6.

Thank you for your reply, it seems you are right, do you know of another way to change the source address of a sensor in IQAN Design 5? The reason that I cannot use IQAN Design 6 is that I am currently using an MC2 (for testing purposes) and want to know how to change the source address using this module.

+1

You would have to manually implement J1939 transport protocol for that message.  I have not implemneted for a transmit message, but here is an example for a received message that might help.

2018_06_11_LTFI.idex

Thank you for sending the example! However, I will just change the source addresses on another master module that is able to run IQAN Design 6 when we start prototyping.