Fixed

State picker not updating when state name is channel

Chris Litwin 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 6

As of the update today to 6.05 the state pickers on the display no longer will display the correct state when the state is defined by a SMC.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Chris Litwin 3 years ago
+2
Under review

Thanks for pointing this out and the attached examples. 

I've just confirmed it is the same when state name is another text-type channel, so not only SMC but also. 

Not sure if is the new state picker design that is the reason for the problem yet, but for sure a bug. 

+1

Thanks Gustav. I also noticed some weird behavior with the state picker list being hidden behind some other elements on the display. The state picker became visible even though it is not on the top layer. This was in a different project though. 

For the first issue, I just realized that the state name on the state picker did not update immediately with a state parameter text change in 6.04 either. 

The specific problem is that state picker used to update when changing display page, now it only updates when restarting (or changing language). 

This problem seems to happen with text going through an FGI as well - had to use Global(public) variable as a workaround.

Fixed

Fixed in IQANdesign 6.05.19 and IQANsimulate 6.05.16, released today.