User input of values

Mark 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 2

I have an application where I am using an Intellinder cylinder that has the position feedback. I need to be able to allow the user to input the value of the position that he wants the cylinder to go to (extend or retract) and then execute the movement through a PID loop. I am having difficulty with the user input of "ending" position. The precision can be up to 0.01". I can use an adjust item to input the value, but I don't see a way for the default value to read the current cylinder position nor do I see a way to have the adjust item display on the home page instead of in the adjust sub-menu. Any thoughts, ideas, etc. are greatly appreciated. I could use some urgent help desperately.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

I have used Intellinder and MC3 in PID closed loop control.

Reading the current position as the default demand position maybe able to be done with a MEM but you will have to decide what the trig is for this.

Providing you have an MD4 display then you could always use the slider tool on a display page to adjust the PID target/demand position.

I have implemented custom adjust functions using screen buttons to increment a counter up and down. The trick is to then use a MAC to scale off the counter value into the real world Intellinder demand value that you require.

I have something sort of worked out for scaling the increment and then applying it to the increase/decrease of the desired position, but its kinda funky and was wondering if there was an easier way. Would you be willing to share the portion of the program that you have done this with? My email addy is mflora@hydradynellc.com

Thanks,