Answered

axis camera 4.01

Richard 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 2

I have a potential application where I would need to display streams from 2 axis cameras. One will be a visual light unit and the other will be a thermal imaging unit. I guess I will need to use a POE switch to connect the units to a screen. Has anyone tried this type of set up?

Also the visual light camera has a zoom function - how could this be controlled via IQAN?

Axis cameras support the RTSP protocol which can be used with the IQAN-MD4. Using a PoE switch it should not be a problem to connect two or more Axis cameras to the C4 connector of the MD4.

The zoom function is probably controlled using a so called PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) API. This is currently not supported by the MD4.

You can find details on how the Axis cameras can be controlled here: http://www.axis.com/au/en/support/developer-support/vapix. The options available for RTSP can be found in section 3.4 of the "Video Streaming API" document.