+1

MODE SELECTOR FOR VIN CHANNELS

jesse kilde 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 3

IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A STATE MACHINE OR STATE PARAMETER FEED INTO A VIN CHANNEL SAME AS IS CURRENTLY USED FOR COUT CHANNELS AS A MODE SELECTOR. ALSO IF THE UNIT COULD CHANGE WITH THIS WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL. WHEN CHANGING FROM ENGLISH TO METRIC PSI/BAR I WOULD LIKE TO JUST HAVE TWO SETS OF CALIBRATION AND SCALES THEN HAVING ALL OF THE MATH CHANNELS AND TEXT PARAMETERS TO SHOW THE PSI/BAR NEXT TO THE VALUE ON DISPLAY PAGES. I CURRENTLY HAVE 112 VOLTAGE IN PUTS AND WILL HAVE A HECK OF A TIME PUTTING IN ALL OF THE MATH CHANNELS AND VALUE CHANNELS JUST TO SHOW THIS AND CHANGING ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS THEY FEED INTO.

Just to show some ideas on how to achieve the switching of units, there is a solutions library example on how one can switch units here:

\Documents\IQAN Files\Solution Library\Metric-Imperial units.ids4

That one uses overlapping text controls, which is a bit difficult to work with when you have a high number of signals.

Then it could be better to do the formatting in a TFC channel instead, like the attached application:

Pressure unit.ids4

It would be nice to have states for Vin's as well as a way to disable that channel if it is not being used in certain applications so that you won't get warnings but are still able to calibrate the channel when in use.

Gustav,

that would be fine if thats all you had going on but if you look at the attached i also have this going into a state machine and then out to other groups. if it could be done at the VIN level would make things a lot less complicated and wouldn't have to change so many things as the programs get feature creep. there would be one VIN going to the different SMC and other groups without having to change several other functions. i see what you are saying with the TFC but it is not that easy for the program i am working on. there are close to 40 pressure transducers that i would have to set this up for and have those be compared to each other among other things they feed into. if i had the option to change what the VIN output means would make this much easier. i wouldn't have to add 40+ math channels along with the TFC. there are also 2 master modules and 27 other modules xs2, xa2, and some j1939 keypads and joysticks. i have a total of 124 VIN in this one project. if things could be simpler from an input stand point instead of adding 124 math channels and re referencing over 300 places they go to would make the mistakes of referencing the wrong thing much less. This is only stage three of this project so things will be getting more complicated when we get to the next stage. If this can be implemented then i really think it should be just as it is a mode selector on outputs. ICANT Plus 1=IQAN

Jesse