Completed

TSC1 Settings

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4

1)It would be nice to be able to set the TSC1 SA with an "Integer math".

When we configure a truck, our techs are given an option of engine type and then the program has an if statement that sets the SA with multiple TSC1 messages and engines.

I know you can now use an Integer Parameter, but that doesn't help me.

2) I would like to beable to control the "Use Checksum/counter" with a "Internal Digital" as we have some engines that require it on and other that require it off.

For the first question, when configuring the truck, could you use IQANrun and a script that sets the Integer parameter for the Source Address based on engine type?

Another idea could be to have a state parameter as mode selector on the integer parameter. Then the selection of TSC1 source address could probably be done in the application.

+1

The second idea worked perfectly. The Engine type was already a state parameter, so I just had that be the mode selector of the IP.

Under review

Good to hear that you got the mode selector on the integer parameter to work so quickly.

Let's see what we could do for the TSC1 checksum, a challenge with that one is that it might be tricky to change in run-time.

Completed

Both J1939 source address and Use checksum/counter are now possible to control using the new constant channels in IQANdesign 5.