Answered

EVM25 comunication

Douglas Caceres 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Steven Park 3 years ago 9

does anyone here have a quick an easy way to start comunication between an MC43 via j1939 and an EVM25?

totally new to this modules and will like to get familiar with them, especially how to establish comunication with the darn thing?

Answer

+1
Answer

In your solution library you'll find a file "J1939 OBE valve EVM25"

+1
Answer

In your solution library you'll find a file "J1939 OBE valve EVM25"

I am trying out the trial version of IQANDesing V6, but I am not able to locate "J1939 OBE valve EVM25" in the solution library. Do I need to purchase the full license to get access to it?

Thank you Douglas for sending me the file. I am trying to add the file through the Library manager, but it seems like IQAN design doesn't recognize the file extension. I have one day experience in IQAN design, so quite possible that I just don't know how to add library. If you don't mind, can you tell me the brief steps to add the file into the library?

+1

To open an .ids4 (IQANdesign version 4 stripped project file) in IQANdesign 6, select File open and select file type 4.x files. 

Then you can start using it, it is not necessary to add it into the solutions library. 

Thank you for the reply, I tried version 4 and it worked!!

+2

Hi Steven, try downloading version 4 of Design since it worked for us then.  It has been removed in 5 and 6 since there is a new version yet to be released.  It should be in Design 4's solutions library.

Thanks, I tried version 4 and it worked.