Answered

connect my actuator to IQAN-MDL2 via J1939

ebrahim heydarnia 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

Hi mate

I tried to connect my actuator to IQAN-MDL2 via J1939.

but unfortunately i am not successful

could you please let me know what is my mistake?

https://www.linak.com/corporate/pdf/english/user%20manual/techline_can%20bus_user%20manual_eng.pdf

+1
Answered

I looked at the user manual for the device you are trying to connect, and it appears as if the PGN numbers and Source Address for the actuator are not set correctly.

From the printscreens, I can see that you are using IQANdesign version 2, in version 3 (which was the last version that had the phase-out MDL2), the source address for messages sent by the IQAN master is set on the master module instead of on the bus-symbol. This might be a reason for the confusion about source address. In the application, you have set source address 40 on the J1939 module for the actuator, J1939 defines 40 as the default address for "Cab Display #1", so that does not look right.

I could not see any clear information about default source address for the actuator, but in the example they are showing SA 200 (0xC8). I suggest you try with this.

The user manual for the actuator also shows that PGN 65280 (Proprietary B) is used for sending status information. To read this information, enter 65280 as the PGN property on the JFIN channel, and assign the channel to the J1939 node.

The user manual for the actuator states that commands to the actuator is sent to it using Proprietary A message, PGN 61184 (0xEF00). This is the type of J1939 message that include destination in the identifier.

In IQANdesign version 4, you get a separate property for DA when you have entered this type of PDU1 PGN, on this DA property assigned module is the default.

I really think you should use a different IQAN master than the MDL2 for this application. The MDL2 has been in phase-out for the last couple of years, and is now mainly used as spare part.

An IQAN-MD4-7 could for example be a much better choice:

http://www.parker.com/Literature/Electronic%20Controls%20Division/Literature%20files/IQAN-MD4_datasheet_HY33-8408-UK.pdf