Answered

J1939 DM1 Channel

Richard Staite 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

We are currently doing a control system for a new track drive machine. The engine that is being used is a Tier 4 Final unit. The manual that comes from the manufacturer is asking for an extensive library of DM1's but I do not understand the format that they are using to present the information, and how we use their information to format the DM1 in Iqan design. Additionally they are asking for ISO symbols to be used on the display that do not appear exactly like this in the library - eg ISO9000-2945 but with an exclamation mark on top of it - do you have any additional symbols available?

The Information that they are giving for the message identifier is like this :-

Byte 3 2 1 0

Message 18 FD B4 3D

Start Position Length Parameter Name SPN

1 2 bytes Aftertreatment 1 Exhaust Temperature 1 3241

Byte 3 2 1 0

Message 18 FF 28 3D

Start Position Length Parameter Name SPN

1 1 bytes Dosing Module Status N/A

2 2 bytes Actual reducing agent quantity N/A

I wonder if you might be able to help me to understand how to configure the DM1 channel in iqan design?

The typed text did not display the information very well this image will hopefully be clearer

+1

Those are the Hexadecimal numbers being broadcast...I believe the center two are the PGNs. FF28 is 65320 in decimal. FDB4 is 64948. You will need the resolution per bit and the offset from the manufacturer to decode the values that are being broadcast (these are 0.03125 C/bit and -273 for Fiat engines for Exhaust temp for example). For the SPN 3241 - you can use the built in DM1 reader to display a message when this code is active (insert DM1 and attach an SPN 3241 with description "Aftertreatment 1 Exhaust Temperature 1" and check if the default FMI descriptions (for all FMI's 0-31) are correct for the engine you are using.

+1
Answered

Regarding the ISO symbols the library should be complete, since we got it from ISO. Maybe you can place an exclamation mark with transparent background on top of the ISO9000-2945?