Keypad vs Scroll Wheel for adjust items

John Wambold 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

I have a customer who has the ability to enter a MD4-7 display in one of two manners.

1.) Pressing a VDIN menu button on the display

2.) Pressing an External button and tying the external button to the Menu

Image 838
I noticed that there is a change to how the adjust items are adjusted depending on which way the menu is accessed.  If the customer enters the menu via a VDIN button, the adjust parameters are changed by a keypad.  However, if the customer enters the menu via an external button, the adjust parameters are changed with a scroll wheel.
Is it possible for the programmer to select the interface (Keypad/Scroll Wheel/Default) for either all adjustments, an adjust group, or an adjust item?

I assume that when you write "VDIN menu button", you mean the text/symbol/custom button linked directly to the enter menu system, adjust group or adjust item action? 

By going via the VDIN channel, one would have to link this to the External buttons action for entering menu system. 

The reason that the MD4 automatically selects the spinner when using the External buttons is that the interface for the keypad style PIN code entry only works with the touch interface, while the spinner works on both touch and with external buttons encoder control. 

This method gives a solution that works on MD4-5-T0 without introducing any new properties.

Also see: http://forum.iqan.se/topics/555-iqandesign-404-released/

But I see the point, for an MD4-7 there is always a touch interface, so there another property to select between keypad and spinner for the PIN entry could be of use. 

Thanks for the response.  The last sentence stated above, "But I see the point, for an MD4-7 there is always a touch interface, so there another property to select between keypad and spinner for the PIN entry could be of use." is right on point.  I am glad that we both agree that it would be useful.

My customer has an external button to enter the menu system on a touch screen.  They would like to enter the pin code with the keypad, and not the scroll wheel.

Is this something that IQAN will pursue?