Answered

Digital parameter with resetting channel

Neil Hackney 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 5

We have an MC41 application with a calibration routine that is geared towards use with IQAN run for tablets. The routine can be turned on using a digital parameter, but there's a concern a tech could leave calibration on once complete. It would be nice to have a resetting channel so that the program logic could turn its state to false, or maybe a digital parameter with momentary or toggle options.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Neil Hackney 7 years ago
Answered

There is a solutions library file that installs with IQANdesign that shows how to make an automatic reset of different adjust items. The trick is to run it via a MEM channel. See: 

\IQAN Files\Solution Library\Parameter reset automatic.ids4

Is it possible to send me this file, because I haven't the Solution Library within the download of IQANdesign 5.03?

If you are using IQANdesign 5 it is a solution in the program instead of a separate file.

This appears to only reset on power up of the module. Is there a method that will reset a Digital Parameter from an external function such as an IDC etc? I need to make the DP to work like a positive flank and then reset itself back to the default. 

You can modify the solutions library example and have a different channel to the FGI that acts as the reset for the MEM channel. 

If you want to reset it after exactly one cycle, one trick you could try is to have an IDC look at the value from the MEM channel, and then in the next cycle use this as a reset for the MEM. That is a trick that depends on the timing between the user interface and the application, calculation order becomes important. 

I think this kind of solution could look confusing to the user of the menu system, as the adjust item is designed as a selection rather than a momentary button. But perhaps it could be ok as a workaround.