Answered

Update program dispay

Jon 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

Hey guys, I currently have a application completely developed for the MD3, I would like to take this to the next step and start using it with the MD4-7.

What would be the easiest way to do this, keeping as much as possible and basically just rebuilding the screens/interface. I plan to do this using Iqan Design 5 as I really like some of the new features.

Sorry if this seems to be a simple question, I've just never had to do it before (always been a complete new application).

Hi Jon, One way is to open the project file in IQANdesign 5.   I would recommend making a copy first, just in case you do not like the results.  The copy will give you a file to fall back on.  Once opened in IQANdesign 5, then you would add the MD4-7 module and drag the items under the "Application Logic" on the MD3 over to the MD4-7.  You will need to set up any CAN bus links under "System layout."  I would suggest setting up the MD4-7 display pages also so you can view the MD3 pages for comparison.  Once that is complete, then you can delete the MD3 module from the project file.  Make sure you get everything you desire that is associated with the MD3 before deleting since everything will be deleted that is linked to the MD3.

Thanks for a quick reply. I had tried that but it seems my failure was not dragging the Application Logic to the new master. Instead I was cutting and pasting.