Fixed

Having problems with channel assignments in Iqandesign 5

Richard Staite 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 9

I am currently working on a project which was originally created using 4.07 but now using 5 to continue with. All was going well until I exported some of my function groups to use in another simpler test application. 

I am now finding that in my original application file, some of the channels are showing as Red and are labelled unassigned, however if you try to drag and drop them to their original assignment locations they wont assign, and if you look at their original locations, the assignment is actually there already - can you help please?

Here are a couple of clips from the application file.

Is anyone able to give me any guidance on this please? 

Under review

Can you send the project file so we can have a look at it? Please use https://iqan.sharefile.com/filedrop to send file.

Eventually I did an undo followed by a re-do and it sorted the problem out by itself - would you still like a copy of the application file to investigate?

Ah Ive now realised that this happens when you do an export of a function group - it seems to disconnect the assignments in the application file that you are exporting from

Thanks for the feedback Richard. We've been able to reproduce the problem here, thanks to your problem description. No need to send your project file. Working on a solution.

Issue has been resolved and will be released in IQANdesign 5.01. Until then it might be good to know that nothing is actually changed in the project (it is just some run-time metadata that is affected). Saving the project and reopening will resolve the issue and all channels will be assigned again.

IQANdesign 5.01 now released with this fixed.