G11 No Contact

Ethan Zeman 5 years ago in Gateways / G11/G12 updated by Edward Polzin 5 years ago 4

We are using a G11 modem connected to an MD4.  We are getting  NO CONTACT error with the unit.  

However, when connecting to the unit with my phone using IQANsync it works fine and I can download logs from the MD4, etc even though it still shows NO CONTACT in the status.

Image 1784

Image 1783

Image 1782

Image 1781

Not sure if this is the case or not. I believe you have to read 'something' in the program from it, otherwise it throws a no contact. Try making a module status channel tied to in to see if the no contact goes away

When you have the IQAN-G11 added to the project file, the IQAN master will look for it on the Diagnostics bus. 

If it isn't found there, you'll have a No contact error, and IQANsync won't be able to show the Machine ID as identity in the connect dialog. 

But the IQAN-G11 will still work, as long as it is on a 250 kbps bus that isn't configured as Generic CAN.

I think we have the G11 on the "Diagnostic Bus"

Do you see anything wrong with this setup?

+1

Looks like you have 4 expansion modules shared on the diagnostic bus.  This may cause some CAN bandwidth concerns depending on your MD4 cycle time and what the polling cycle time is set to for the expasion bus.  If you directly connect to the MD4 and invoke IQAN measure, what does the bandwidth of CAN A look like?