+2

Access screensaver adjustement via internal parameters

mdaigneault 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 year ago 3

Hello,

It would be great to have the Screensaver "Dimmed" and "Black" features accessible via an internal digital parameter. There are some cases were we don't want the screensaver to be activated during critical operations. Today, it is not possible to change these settings without accessing them via the menu on the touchscreen.

Thank you.

Marc.

With MDL/MD3 and the DCC channel Enabled property you could override the backlight control within the application for special occasions.

With MD4 you could have a channel override the backlight, put it in a function group, and have that function group enabled only during special occasions.

(Where during special occasions you'd set the backlight to something, say 100%)

Currently however, that doesn't work that well on the MD4. I'll open a case.

(Also there was a nasty bug, fixed in 5.1 (retro fixed in IQANdesign 4.07.12) regarding overriding the backlight control on the MD4)

Right, I can set the Backlight to '0%' during certain operations, but I'd want the screen to be completely black (Such as the "Black" screensaver mode).

Basically a parameter that allows to set the Screensaver to Off, Dimmed or Black in run-time is what I'm asking.