Universal Tilt Sensor UTS programming shortcut

Eric Metz 2 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 5

Does anyone have a complete program written for the IQAN J-1939 Universal Tilt Sensor?  It seems pretty straightforward, but I'd appreciate the time savings if someone already has this in an importable file.  I was hoping this would be in the "Solutions Library", but no such luck.

Which major version of IQAN are you using? 

+1

Hi Eric,

Maybe you have already received support for this. Anyhow here is some information that may help you.

I have attached two projects. The J1939 tilt sensor UTS is the solution that existed for version 4 which I simply opened/saved with IQANDesign 5.01.

The other one is for UTS v2 (3 axis version) and provides more info such as how to set the J1939 address, and set broadcast interval , etc. 

Best regards

Noah

UTS version 2.idsx

J1939 tilt sensor UTS.idsx

Noah,

Thanks for providing this info. 

One additional comment, the "J1939 tilt sensor UTS" from the IQANdesign 4 solution library is the ±10° 2-axis version.

For the ±90° versions, both the 2-axis and the 3-axis can use the "UTS version 2" file that Noah provided, the angles are mapped to a different PGN as the tilt sensor can read a wider angle than what the SAE defined message anticipated. 

Also see: 

http://www.parker.com/Literature/Electronic%20Controls%20Division/Literature%20files/UTS_protocol_instructionbook_HY33-2374-M1.pdf