+2
Completed

flexibility adjust and code

Masia Jean-Baptiste 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 2 years ago 5

Hello

It would be really interesting to be able to assign parametrizable functions to certain settings which are for the moment, inaccessible with parametrizable functions or mathematical function in order to have more flexibility in writing. Here is a concrete case that I am facing more and more! I often have several machines at the same customer, which are very similar, but with some small differences. We would like to gather all the programs of the different machines in one and to come to select it by means of parametrizable function. Until then, there are not too many difficulties. On the other hand, sometimes some are equipped with outputs (current out) bidirectional or unidirectional. This choice can not be made other than by selecting yes or no. I did not find the way to associate them with a logic or function configurable.

Image 1064

It would also be interesting to be able to activate or deactivate a calculator by configurable function. Example: for the same customer, sometimes I will have 1 MD4, a Mc43 sometimes an MC41 and sometimes nothing. But each time, the same graphical interface. Basically, it would be really interesting to be able to associate with all the settings available in yes no, by mathematical or Tor or adjustable functions.

Thanks

Could this be added to an enhancement request?  We have different configurations which need to use both directions in some machines types and unidirectional in others.  This requires wiring a resistor in the harness to avoid errors which adds cost and is not intuitive.

Completed

For this specific case of Bidirectional on COUT, this was actually added in 6.00

The property Bidirectional cannot be changed in runtime, but it can be set on startup by using a constant channel. 

To make a parameter channel a contant channel, add the Initialization group on the top level of the project file and place the parameter channel there. 

Hello Gustav. 

I looke on version 6.04 and it doesn't seem possible.

Kind regards

To make use of constant channels, you must first add the Initialization function group, and place the channel in that group. And set the scope so it is accessible by the COUT

+1

Indeed it works very well. Many thanks for that answer