Answered

MD4-VDIN to MC43-DOUT

karl-johan Stjärna 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 5

Does someone know how to make a VDIN (virtual digital) on an MD4 to control a DOUT (Digital out) on MC43?

I get the warning “Channel assigned to an unreachable module”

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by karl-johan Stjärna 6 years ago
+1

Is the DOUT used in the MD4 code??? That would cause that error. You will need to setup a JFOUT in the MD4 and a JFIN in the MC43 so you can pass the VDIN value from the MD4 to the MC43.

+1

If you don't want to do it that way you can use a Digital Parameter in the MC43 to control the DOUT. Drag the Digital Parameter to the Adjust items and you can use the 'Switch Control' on the display page to control the Digital Parameter which you can tie to the DOUT. I'm assuming this interaction goes over the expansion bus and I don't know what kind of implications that has. I've had no problem doing it this way.

+1

Application output and application input is another way to do it. Although, I believe it is the least efficient, and not really designed for this situation. We have done it without problem though. 

Hi

I ended up with using APPIN and APPOUT, it works fine in the simulator.

Thanks for Quick reply!