+1
Answered

Remote diagnostics failure G11 to MC43

Cole Koster 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 4

I am trying to flash an MC43-MD4 system using the G11 module and IQANsync and it will not accept the push.  I am running the latest versions of IQANrun and IQANdesign, as well as the updated firmware on IQANsync. 

When I click to send the program, the "sending request" dialog box comes up, completes the request, and then this dialog box comes up:

Image 1365

As soon as this box comes up the MC43 apparently shuts down and disconnects from IQANsync. 

We were able to pull the program off the machine but we cannot flash new programs, even after logging into the machine with root password.  All connectivity security prompts are set to "Always"

Any thoughts as to why I cannot push the program?

Answer

+1
Answer

Update: I have discovered the problem, there was a flaw in the circuit design. The G11 was powered by a relay that was being controlled by the MC43. When the MC43 reset after the download request, it cuts off all outputs thus turning the relay/G11 off and kills the connection. Solved by moving the power supply of G11 to a constant source. 

Hi Cole, sometimes we have seen this happen because the vmAC is being updated and with MD4 and MC43 it is just too large. You could try pushing separately, power down the MC43 and then send the project. It will warn you that it cannot find both masters and only one will be updated. Then opposite - power down the MD4 and repeat with MC43 only. I have heard that this was necessary from some appl. engineers in their experience with G11 connection.

+1
Answer

Update: I have discovered the problem, there was a flaw in the circuit design. The G11 was powered by a relay that was being controlled by the MC43. When the MC43 reset after the download request, it cuts off all outputs thus turning the relay/G11 off and kills the connection. Solved by moving the power supply of G11 to a constant source. 

Answered

Good to hear that you solved it. Thanks for posting the update!