Answered

ID-TAG

Hassan 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Chris Litwin 4 years ago 7

Do I have to connect the ID-Tag to my Master module even though I'm using only one master module MD4 and one expansion XA2 will be connected to it, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks 

Answer

Answer

From the MD4 instruction book it states an MD4 always needs a tag. Without a tag it will start in safe mode.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Hassan 5 years ago
Answer

From the MD4 instruction book it states an MD4 always needs a tag. Without a tag it will start in safe mode.

Thank you for your answer, If I connect my MD4 to my ID-tag 0, what will be the address of the expansion module XA2, do I still have to terminate it with address zero?

Yes, you would need a tag on the XA2 also. It sounds like you'd need to use the terminating variety as well. 

+1

What address you have on the XA2 is set in the application, you can have it to anything between 0-7 (0 by default).

Then you need to match the number on the ID-tag to what you set in the application.

We look at what kind of module is connected, what CAN bus is it connected to and what address is it.

As long as one of those are not the same it will work.

You should have termination in each end of your CAN bus.

If you only have a MD4 and a XA2 you should have a ID-tag with a number and a T on the XA2.

On the MD4 you set if it should be terminated or not in the application (default is terminated).

In your case it should be left terminated.

Small question with only a MD4 on a system and nothing else should there be a id tag with a T or could it be also with only an ID?

+1

It doesn't need to be a T tag.