+1

License renewal update

Jean-Marc Zanni 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 year ago 3

Just coming up on the one year for my Iqan Design license and got a reminder message.  Went and paid for renewal.  Received new license number instead of just extending existing.  But i cannot find tools in Iqan design to update the License number... Do i Have to uninstall then re-install the license.  Seems cumbersome and does not match what is in the FAQ Section:" 5. What is IQANdesign update subscription?
IQANdesign update subscription gives you bug fixes and new features for one year at a lower cost. Even major updates are included. When you purchase a new IQANdesign license, you will get the first update subscription for free. A year after the purchase you will receive an offer to extend your subscription for another year. It is also possible to enable auto-renewal of the subscription in the IQAN store."

Do not seem to find an Auto renewal option.

JMarc

Hi Jean-Marc

You don't have to reinstall your current installations of IQANdesign with the new licence. When you install future updates you will get a message that your current version is not valid and then you can enter the new licence key you got from renewal. We have next release of IQANdesign 5.06 planned this month (December 2019) and 6.02 to beginning of next year (January 2020)

HI,

It was time to renew my license which  I did with a week to spare. I got the new Key, but I do not see any way in IqanDesign(6.08) to enter that new KEY.  I would like to be able to do that now and not after it expired when I need the machine under duress.  The Licensing Instruction on this forum says to fo to "Manage License tab under Help  I do not see it.. Am I missing something?

It sounds as if the version you have is IQANdesign 6.08.24. 

The help menu add license was added in IQANdesign 6.08.25, see Release notes - IQANdesign 6

So, for this time you will need to download the latest 6.08 from the Downloads (iqan.se) page, and enter the new license when installing.