Fixed

External Adjust items getting deleted

Michael Muldoon 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 4

I have an external function with several Memorizing channels which I have added to Adjust Items.   Every time the function is updated in the main project all of the Memorizing channels are removed from adjust items.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Michael Muldoon 4 years ago

I have seen this as well.  Which version of IQAN design are you using?  I have seen this with IQAN 6.00 and 6.01.

Unfortunately, my solution was to move the MEM channels out of the external function and in to the main application.

Under review

They method that works is to add the Adjust item already in the External function. 

In the main project, you then drag either the adjust item or the channel to an adjust groups in the same way as for a regular channel.

Planned

When updating the external function, there is a one-way sync of adjust items.

Had a discussion with the developers here, and we think it is a problem that the adjust items can be added both in the external file, and in the main project. 

Properties on adjust items for channels in an instance of an external function are locked in the main project. To edit e.g. limits you need to open the external function and use an adjust item there. 

I think the best solution would be to remove the possibility of adding new adjust items for external functions in the main project. That way you only create the adjust items in the place where you can set the limits, in the external function. 

Fixed

A change to avoid this problem implemented in 6.03, see release notes:

49989Adjust items from external function instance added in main project deleted when updating external function
Channels must be made adjustable in the external function. Prevented adding channels from external function instances to adjust items / adjust groups