Hello, I'm new to IQAN, where can I get solution library folder to look for IQAN program examples. I'm trying CAN communication between two MC43's but when simulating it using IQAN simulate I cannot see signal sent on JFOUT in JFIN, please help me with eg

Manoj 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 5

Hello, I'm new to IQAN, where can I get solution library folder to look for IQAN program examples. I'm trying CAN communication between two MC43's but when simulating it using IQAN simulate I cannot see signal sent on JFOUT in JFIN, please help me with eg

Hello.

You will not be able to simulate Can communication between modules...you can simulate channels at in or out of each module to simulate internal logic.

To simulate J1939 messaging between IQAN master modules, you can use the Simulation groups feature in IQAN simulate.  

1.  Launch your project simulation.  

2.  Stop the simulation.  

3.  Within IQAN Simulate, find the JPIN channel in the Application Logic and drag and drop the JPIN channels into a Simulation Group.

4.  Go in the simulation group and select one of the JPIN channels.

5.  Change the Control Property to be the channel that inputs to the corresponding JPOUT channel.

6.  Make sure to change the Scaling property to Scaled value.

Now you can simulate your J1939 communications.

I would also recommend exploring the simulation group functionality more.  It is possible to inject IQANrun measure data into your simulation as well as generate your own waveforms that you can input into your simulation.

I'm including the IQAN design 5.07 project file and IQAN simulate 5.07 simulation profile as an example.  Hope this helps.

J1939 Message Simulation Example.idsx
J1939 Message Simulation Example.isax

Hi Edward,

Thanks for sharing steps on how to simulate CAN communication using IQAN simulate.

I can see JPOUT value in corresponding JPIN after configuring as per steps you provided.

However I'm using 5.03 version so could not refer program which you shared in 5.07 version.

Can you please share program in 5.03 version

Also please share link for IQAN solution library to refer Program examples.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

Sorry, i only have 5.07 installed.  If you have it working, then i'm not sure there is much value in downloading the files.

The solution library can be found by selecting the Add button while in the Application Logic area.  There is a tab called Solutions:

Hi Edward,

Is there any way to develop a script to execute particular test sequence in IQAN simulate?

I read that IQAN script tool can be used with IQAN Run to execute sequence of actions in IQAN Run but at present we don't have target hardware hence we need to test logic using IQAN simulate.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj